- Graduate School of Environmental Studies
- Graduate School
- Dept. of Electronic Engineering
- Dept. of Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Dept. of Electric Engineering
- Dept. of Electronic Material Engineering
- Dept. of Chemical Engineering
- Dept. of Robotics
- Dept. of Environmental Engineering
- Dept. of Architectural Engineering
- Dept. of Electronics Convergence Engineering
- Dept. of Computer Science
- Dept. of Architecture
- Dept. of Electrical and Biological Physics
- Dept. of Mathematics
- Dept. of Chemistry
- Dept. of Business Administration
- Dept. of International Commerce
- Dept. of Public Administration
- Dept. of Law
- Dept. of Korean Language and Literature
- Dept. of English Language and Literature
- Dept. of Journalism and Communications
- Dept. of Management Information System
- Dept. of Industrial Psychology
- Dept. of Regional Studies
- Dept. of Information Display
- Dept. of Criminology
- Dept. of Real Estate
- Dept. of National Defense Project
- Dept. of Imbedded SW Engineering
- Graduate School of Business Administration
- Dept. of Business Adminstration
- Dept. of Real Estate
- Dept. of Service Management
- Graduate School of Information and Contents
- Graduate School of Education
- Graduate School of Counseling, Welfare and Policy
- Graduate School of Environmental Studies
- Graduate School of Legal Affairs in Construction
The 21st century is often be called an age of environment.
Recently, the international standards for environmental regulation have been strengthened to preserve global environment and the trend has been deepened to connect trade with environment. Accordingly, it is inevitably directly related to the enhancement of competitiveness in the whole industry to early transform economic and industrial structures into environment-friendly ones. Mankind cannot survive and actively perform business activities without solving environmental problems.
The Graduate School of Environmental Studies is aimed to foster the professional leaders who can actively cope with such drastic changes in domestic and foreign circumstances. Focused on the acquisition of the practical knowledge immediately available in industrial and business fields, our curriculum is organized so systematically that graduates can exercise their full abilities as environment supervisors. We have developed the interdisciplinary integral subjects that combine environment with the themes form various fields, such as economy, management, accounting, trade, informatization, public health, safety, ecology, policy, law, impact assessment, energy and non-governmental organizations (NGOs). Additionally, our objective is to provide the top-level differentiated professional education using domestic and foreign professors, cutting-edge facilities and devices.
Businesses require the knowledge of the environmental management, which is a major field located in the first front of globalization, as seen in the treatment of carbon emission rights and a clean development system.
Total Quality Environment Management (TQEM) can be defined as "a succession of management activities to seek economic returns and environmental sustainability by improving environmental effects throughout the whole process of corporate activities.".
The harmony between such returns and sustainability are eventual goals of environmental management, which targets the whole life cycle directly or indirectly associated with the corporate activities from the purchase of raw materials to the production, consumption and disposal of products.
The environmental management illuminates major function specific areas, i.e. management strategy, organization of human resources, production, marketing, finance, accounting etc in environmental terms again and encompasses the detailed files, i.e. environmental management strategy, eco-organization of human resources or environmental management system, clean production, environmental accounting etc.
- Such management implicitly includes the following activities:
① Improving the standards in environmental management facilities, installing new facilities and developing environment-friendly products;
② Building competitive strategies by grasping the relative environmental strengths of existing products;
③ Publicizing the environmental excellence of products or enterprise through new advertising campaigns;
④ Attracting cooperation from local communities in corporate activities;
⑤ Performing the study and support to manage environmental accidents or risks.
Environmental management makes it indispensable to establish the overall management system of an organization and its system is designed through continuous interactions.
ISO 14001, an international standard for environmental formats, defines EMS requirements that comprise general requirements, environmental directions, planning, execution and operation, inspectional and correctional measures, manager review etc.
ISO 14004 defines the general directions on the principles, systems and support techniques of EMS. The directions are the practical ones necessary for the execution or development of the environmental management system. Not only are the two formats the concrete ways to put environmental management to practice, but also are designed to seek both corporate economic objectives and global environmental improvement at the same time in connection with the existing corporate management.
Article 2, Section1 of “the Act on the Promotion of the Conversion into Environment-Friendly Industrial Structure” says, “Environmental management refers to the corporate activities of setting environment-friendly management goals and managing the human and material resources and their management system systematically and continuously according to specific procedures and techniques to attain the goals.“
To this end, the enterprise concerned can also use the environmental performance results obtained by measuring, analyzing, evaluating and recording the environmental effects from environmental management activities and the ensuing environmental risks and effects.
- Building a successful environmental management system requires
(1) establishing an environment-friendly corporate culture;
(2) developing the techniques to evaluate environmental effects;
(3) establishing the system to evaluate environmental effects;
(4) developing the management analysis techniques to take environment into consideration;
(5) developing a program for environmental education;
(6) introducing an environmental audit system;
(7) building an information system for environmental management.
- Environmental Impact Assessment
Designed to prevent the negative influences development will have on environment, Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) aims to eliminate or reduce the evil effects on environment, such as environmental pollution and destruction, in advance by reviewing, analyzing and evaluating the environmental influences of development. Currently, environmental policy is changing from the regulation-orientedness of treating the environmental pollution by excessive development and consumption ex post facto to the fundamental prevention of environmental pollution based on sustainable development and environment-friendly style of life.
In terms of scope, environmental policy covers future generations as well as current one, thus maintaining the equilibrium between generations. In terms of quality, environmental policy adds environmental comfortableness to the existing values, i.e. nature preservation and ecological protection, enhancing the value of environment in a new dimension.
- Indirect Impact Assessment
Indirect Impact Assessment is based on receptor-specific assessment in case of media-specific assessment. The Indirect Impact Assessment is focused on human health problems.
- Strategic Environment Assessment
Strategic Environment Assessment (SEA) takes environment into consideration in the initial policy-making , planning, programming and business stages.
- Prior Environmental Review
Not treated in Environmental Impact Assessment, Prior Environmental Review is an environmental assessment part in an environmentally sensitive field. Such review is to assess environmental effects in the initial stage, with Environmental Impact Assessment complemented.